Setting up a 20G long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTBowes6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone.

After months of debating on which type of tank to buy (AIO or Custom), I decided to start a 20 gallon long. Today I bought the tank itself from Petsmart for $32. Other than that I don't have much at this point. I plan to pick up 20 points of LR on Tuesday and will be starting the cycle then. I actually work at a pretty nice LFS in Orlando so I'm pretty familiar with the cycling process. I'm more so looking for advice on equipment, stocking, and possible DIY projects.

Anyone have any thoughts? For lighting, I am leaning towards a 2 bulb T5 as most of my favorite corals are softies and basic LPS.

Any thoughts on filteration as well as powerheads would be appreciated.

At not go LED? No bulb replacement and you can rise/lower light incase u decide to put an SPS or Monti in their.

Since its not drilled I'm going to assume no sump?

But you could do a hang on back fuge for pods and macro to help the tank. Or just s regular power filter with Rock rubble and no filter pads. You could even turn that into a fuge if u wanted.

I would do 2nano power heads maybe a korallia or if money isn't big deal 2 tunze nano stream or 1vortec pump. I have 2 korallia's on my 75 and they are very quiet and I like them.

I'm not sure about LEDS. I've heard mixed reviews. I work at a fish store and the reviews are about 50-50. What are so good affordable units?

I was planning on the hang on the back filter with chemipure and a purapad. Would that work?

And the vortechs are great but not really in my price range. Should I go with two 435s or one 435 and the small one.

Back
Top Bottom