Setting up a new Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viper23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 15 gallon nano tank that has been up and running for over a year now. I'm hoping to move everything into a 30 gallon tank for some more room and more fish. Everything is perfect right now with water parameters. My questions are how can I transport everything into the new tank, I want to use my existing sand, live rocks and water and just add to it. What would the process be to do this? Thanks for all the help

I currently have a 15 gallon nano tank that has been up and running for over a year now. I'm hoping to move everything into a 30 gallon tank for some more room and more fish. Everything is perfect right now with water parameters. My questions are how can I transport everything into the new tank, I want to use my existing sand, live rocks and water and just add to it. What would the process be to do this? Thanks for all the help

In my opinion there is no easy way to do this. What type of 30 gallon tank is it? Sump?

If it were me I would first mix about 20 gallons. Then syphon out necessary tank water into a separate bucket to hold ur current fish. Catch them and put them into the buckets. Then syphon the rest of the tank water into the new tank. transfer all rock, sand and coral to new tank. Add needed new mix water. Then once filtering and running for a little check salinity. Then add fish.

No sump, just 2 marineland hang on back filters, enough for 100 gallon tank. What about my old tank, I still want to use it for a quarantine tank. It has some great coralline all over it. How long can I keep it ok with no water in it?

Agree with 200 gal did the same with a upgrade everything is fine. As for old tank mix up some more water and fill it up.

Back
Top Bottom