Setting up a (Saltwater) 72 gallon bow front?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Tang 2

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many circulation pumps should i have and what rated gph? Any help would be appreciated!:n00b:

I started out with a 72g bow. I had dual 660gph Tunze Nano Stream (6025) running on the tank as well as about 900gph on my return. It really depends on what kind of tank you are shooting for. A FOWLR or FO will not need the amount of flow a Reef will.

I started out with a 72g bow. I had dual 660gph Tunze Nano Stream (6025) running on the tank as well as about 900gph on my return. It really depends on what kind of tank you are shooting for. A FOWLR or FO will not need the amount of flow a Reef will.

I was going to say this Thread sound like a Job for Ziggy!... ;)

between 80 and 100. Cooltop went 80, I have around 100. :)
Thanks for the info and replys.So now I got all my equiment this is what I have.72 bow front tank,Stand,water pump,200 watt heater,lights,glass top,filter.Does this sound good if so can I start buying my rock,sand,water?

I would add another heater to the mix. Having 2 will keep one from working overtime and you will have a back up in case one fails. The glass tops are not needed in SW tanks as they will cause low pH from lack of O2 exchange.

What kind of lighting and what kind of filter do you have? Also refresh my memory, are you going FO, FOWLR or Reef?

I would add another heater to the mix. Having 2 will keep one from working overtime and you will have a back up in case one fails. The glass tops are not needed in SW tanks as they will cause low pH from lack of O2 exchange.

What kind of lighting and what kind of filter do you have? Also refresh my memory, are you going FO, FOWLR or Reef?
For lights I have a Single tube strip thtas 48 inches ling but on the box says that i need a glass top .It also said it cant work without glass top.For the filter I have a Rena xP2 Canister filter.Plus I am having a FOWLR.But as for the extra heater wont get til after cycling process.So now can I go get some sand,rock,water?

You can use the glass tops with FOWLR though I wouldn't cover the entire tank or at the very least leave the lids open to allow for proper O2 exchange.

Yes, you may buy rock, sand and the start mixing those saltwater :) Like others, I think you could get the base rock and then mixed with some Live Rock if you don't want to spend so much money on the rocks :)

Yes, you may buy rock, sand and the start mixing those saltwater :) Like others, I think you could get the base rock and then mixed with some Live Rock if you don't want to spend so much money on the rocks :)
Thanks for responding I will buy some live rock and some base

Back
Top Bottom