Setting up RO/DI system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys.. and girls

I just got my ro/di unit :). Got it running last night. I just have 1 question, My system has a flush valve/restrictor for the R/O filter , and when its running I get water flowing from the flush valve when it is in the closed position... Normal ? If I open the valve , it flows out quicker, I know that is normal. What do you think :? I get plenty of filtered water even so. Instructions say: Unit needs backpressure to run properly
???

It is a 6 stage filter I got on EBAY.
Brand : Dvoneb rev. osmo. filter d/i

Attachments

• 22-03_1_.jpg
    22-03_1_.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 93
When the flush valve is "inline" with the unit it's in regular operation mode and should stay that way. You will need to flush the membrane every so often, then simpley move the knob to the "L" position to flush for about 15 min. Close when done to resume normal operations.

Cheers
Steve

Reverse that. Was just doing some top offs and it should be in the "L" position for normal operation and inline to flushing the membrane.

Sorry 'bout that :oops:

Cheers
Steve

Other than the confusion on its operation, what do you think of the unit? I've been eye-balling those on ebay for a while now, just haven't clicked the Buy It Now button :)

70 bucks is a cheap price, is it a cheap unit?

Back
Top Bottom