Setting up tank in middle of room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys any idea what is the best way to position a tank in the middle of the room? Without wiring laying on the floor? That means it will need to come down from the ceiling I guess. Any opinion? It would be great if I can do that.

Can you go under the floor? That would be better than going overhead. But if you don't have a basement/crawlspace/etc. I would conceal all the wiring in a decorative column of some sort. Perhaps two pillars each one straddling a side of the aquarium going from floor to ceiling with one column encassing all the wires and then shooting them up into the ceiling with (hopefully) an accessable area or another floor above.

Spin

you have three options basically

1) ceiling. Never looks that great to just have everything hanging from the ceiling unless you maybe have the "hood" go from the top of the tank all the way up to the ceiling, making the tank seem more of a pillar.

2) An encasement stand. Something that supports the tank, as well as having bookshelves or something similiar along the sides, like spinman suggested

3) drilling the bottom of the tank and putting a tube from the bottom of the tank to the top to pass plumbing and electrical from underneath. IMO, this is the "neatest" option. It will make your tank appear to be a free standing and disconnected tank. with a good hood on top to enclose everything, you will only see the stand, tank and hood in the middle of the room.

Back
Top Bottom