setup needs for salt water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noob2saltH20

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I wanna make sure I'm going to get everything I need to convert my fresh to salt. Salt filter heater live rock live sand and lighting am I correct? If I'm not please correct me and also I'm still confused about lighting I have a 16 bow atm any advice on lighting would also be vary much appreciated

you will need a refractometer to tell how much salt you are adding.
if it's just salt fish you are interested in, any lighting will do. what do you plan to keep in this salt tank?

dont forget to have your own test kits....for a starter, go and get ammonia, nitrites and nitrates test kits.

I work for a petstore so I can get all my testing stuff free. I looked at those lights is there anything else u could recomend that is a little more cost effective lol

as Mr X already mentioned earlier, if u are planning to have FO tank, your current light can be use....if your planning ahead to have reef tank, u can choose either to have t5ho or metal halide, which ever available for u....

Back
Top Bottom