Shaving brush for nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choonchiesback

Aquarium Advice Activist
My one have any input on them? With ecoxotic panorama LED be enough light for them? I'm thinking about putting two of them in my nano (15 gallon column). I really like the look of them and want a few. But don't want something that's going to die off in a week or two.

I only have 3 hermits and 2 snails in the tank so I don't think they would chew up the both of them that fast. And fish wise I only have 2 naked clowns and a firefish.

They will probably absorb as much calcium as nitrate. Any light will work for them though, just like most algae.

Oh great. I don't have a calcium test kit yet. Guess I have to go back out tomorrow. I only read trace elements would be enough for them. I only have shrooms, a leather (which looked like it was dead when I got it for free now it's getting a bit better and buttons) think I need to start check Ca and dosing??

I'm doing 20% water changes twice a week and only dosing trace elements, strontium & molybdenum, and iodine every other week. Think I should do the calcium just to be safe? I don't want to under or over dose.

I'm doing 20% water changes twice a week and only dosing trace elements, strontium & molybdenum, and iodine every other week. Think I should do the calcium just to be safe? I don't want to under or over dose.
I think you are making a mistake dosing ANY trace elements. They are already in your salt mix. You are going to wind up with an over abundance.

I don't know of anyone who has had any long term success keeping the shaving brush algae alive for any extended period of time. Good luck with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom