Originally Posted by Autumnsky
So when you cut up them up how do you keep them from making you or the stuff in your tank affected by the toxins? (not that I will likely need to worry about that for a very long time) If you buy a frag how long does it need to heal up before it is alright to have/put in the tank, or how does that work???
I am still a little concerned about have a poison thing in the tank
, lol Does this also mean only wear gloves with live rock too?
Thank you for your help RED. I have been reading all kinds of things for beginners but not everything is addressed.
Are there any which don't sting or aren't toxic for a low to medium light tank.
What about macro Algae, do they all need high light to do well?
Generally if an establishment is selling the frag it's healed up and fine to add, sps
can be the exception to this IME. A good drip acclimation and a dip and the new coral will be fine to add. IMHO
your probably a little to worried about the zoa toxins as long as you use protective equipment when directly handling them it's fine. Gloves are up to you when working in the tank, some people won't work in there's without them, I never use them and have my hands in my tanks all the time, a good wash after and your fine. There are lots of peaceful corals, most softies (ricordea are by far my favorite softie, beautiful corals), Duncan's, trumpets, acan lords are some peaceful lps
, and most sps
are fine until they are literally growing on top of each other. Here's a picture of some rics and acans.
And here's another ric and a Duncan lps