should have known better.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I know we should have quarantined the fish before putting them in the tank. Both our Green clown gobies have it and now I just noticed so does the sixline wrasse.
There is no way that the sixline and the two gobies are going to make it in the 5 gallon hospital tank we have. Is there any way to do the whole tank yet not damage the corals which include: acro, hammer, anchor, ricordia yuma, and a montipora sp. type.
Also have 1 peppermint (that I want to get rid of but can't catch) and 1 cleaner shrimp.

I know from reading that the gobies are very sensitive to certain medications, what can I do. We don't have the funds to run out and get another tank for the wrasse.

The medication we have on hand is: Clout, and copper safe.

Any help would be appreciated and don't slap my hands too hard :oops:

I am in the same boat as you.

I have 4 hard corals in my tank, countless inverts, 5 fish, and one of them brought in Ich.

I can't afford a hospital tank right now either, so I am going to try a product called "Kordon Aqua Herbals Prevent-Ich" It is an all natural, herbal treatment for ich where corals and inverts are uneffected.

I don't know how well it works, but it is at PetCo for $4.95.

Can I ask why you want to get rid of the peppermint shrimp?

because he attacks my zoanthids, the reason we got the peppermint shrimp is because we were having problems with aipastias, we found the kalk method more effective although they did take care of a couple of the aipastias (sp?) But they also attacked a bubble anemone we had and killed it that was a while back, was able to capture one, but they are very fast and sneaky in a reef aquarium :?

Back
Top Bottom