Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2003, 06:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to plkdb Send a message via MSN to plkdb Send a message via Yahoo to plkdb
Should have known...lfs...stand...grrrr!!!!!

Got a email from OCEA yesterday, the manufacturer of my stand. After all the delay and problems with my lfs who I`ll NEVER go to again, I find out from OCEA that the lfs didnt order the stand for a MONTH after I ordered and payed for it. THAT WAS THE DELAY! They said it was ordered on July 28, exactly one month after I ordered it from the lfs. Meanwhile, the lfs told me that ocea shut down for two weeks for the 4th of july and that was the problem. Even though I stopped in there every week to see if it was in after the second week.

Old 08-15-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I thought you were going to go back and get your money from them? :|

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to plkdb Send a message via MSN to plkdb Send a message via Yahoo to plkdb
Well, after having a long conversation with the girl that works there, she said it would be in on tuesday. She seemed very apologetic, about the whole thing, so I figured as long as it was there, just get it, and start shopping elsewhere. So thats what I did. Ocea emailed me after I picked it up about what the problem was. No, I will never ever ever ever ever ever shop there again. I found a better store, one that is internet competitive, and really seems to care. I spent almost a hour talking to the guy about his operation, the store, my tank, my plans, etc. without any pressure whatsoever to do things one way or another, or to buy something.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You should go get some money taken off of the stand. Tell the owner that the company said they didn't recieve an order untill a month later. Tell them you don't appreciate being lied to and you will report them to the better buisness bureau (or something like that) if they don't make this right. You might have to tell them either you wanna discount or you are gonna give it back and get a full refund. (you might have to bite the bullet on this and return it if he says "go ahead and return it") Not only did they make a big mistake and forget about your order for a month, they also lied about it and tried to put the blame on the other company. I would do everything you can to get something out of this guy/gal!

Tags
lfs, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com