Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Should I Add to My CUC?

Right now my 25 gallon tank is 5-6 weeks old and has been cycled for ~3 weeks. Currently I have 6x Dwarf Hermits, 6x Nassarius Snails, 6x Cerith Snails, 2x Peppermint shrimp, 1x Emerald Crab. Id like to know if I could get more hermits and snails for the tank so they keep the algae down or will they run out of food if I have that many? I have 37lbs of live rock (half was marco rock / was actual live rock)

What snails will clean the sand bed of algae?

75G SPS Bare Bottom Reef
4g Nano LPS Reef
40g Fowlr
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Your CUC is fine for now. I wouldn't add more till you need to, or until you current CUC can't handle the algae load. In my 26g nano I have almost know algae as its only been running for 12 weeks, so I give my CUC dried seaweed or an algae wafer. You could do one of those two food source if they need some.

Stay Salty,
superman1950s is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com