Should I be dosing anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
I do my water changes, check my readings at random intervals, my levels are always stable (amm, nitrite, nitrate)

I read somewhere today people dose with iodine? Should I be dosing anything?

My tank is super healthy, corals are sprouting new heads, the only fish I can't seem to keep are naso tangs; other than those all my other fish are super healthy.

I have no issues or worries right now just trying to stay ahead of the game and make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to

I would not dose anything unless I had no other choice. That is my personal opinion. At the very least, don't dose anything without testing for it first. If you have a reef tank, you may want to test for more than just the things you mentioned. Cal, Mag, Hardnes, etc. I don't test for Mag yet (putting off the expense until I get a few more corals going). I use the API Saltwater Master and the API Reefmaster kits. I found out too late they are better than nothing but not by a lot. LOL Ask around on this site before you buy any other test kits but deffinately "Test for it before you dose for it". :)

Yep, I agree not dosing anything unless you are testing for it and find a deficiency in something which shouldnt happen if you are doing your weekly water changes and dont' have a tank chock full of corals. :)

Back
Top Bottom