Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-06-2004, 09:31 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a bunch of Brittle Stars in my LR.com shippment. I never see them come
out. Just an occasional leg hanging from a hole in the LR.

72Gallon Bow Tank | LS/80lbs LR.com Keys LR 20Lbs Base Rock | fluval404 | Remora Skimmer | Red Sea Pro Wave Maker | 4 Maxi Jets 2/1200 2/900 PH | PinPoint PH Monitor | ARTICA 1/10 HP Chiller

Lighting: 48'' Coralife HQI aqualight pro | 2 150 watt MH | 2 96 watt true actinic fluorescents | 3 1 watt blue-moon-glow LEDs

Fish&Inverts: 3-BlueGreen Chromis | Shrimp Goby | Purple Firefish | 6 Line-Wrasse | LawnMower Blenny | Royal Gramma | Coral Beauty | Maxima Clam | 16 Assort. -Snails | LR Hitchers: Crabs, Urchins, Brittle Stars, Feather Dusters, and more

Corals: Assorted Mushrooms | Green Button Polyps | Toadstool Leather | Pulsing Xenia | Clove Polyps | Star Polyps | FrogSpawn | Branching Hammer | Candy Cane | Zoos | Ricordea | Open Brain | Bubble |
24Gallon JBJ Nano Cube | LR 25lbs Marshall Creek/Tonga/Fiji | 2 Flase Percula Clowns | Shrooms | Xenia | Green Button Polyps | Snails | Hermits
EL Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by bill0298
My green brittle star ate my goby once his disk was about the size of a silver dollar

He would hide back behind the reef and pretend to be a rock by standing on all of his legs and wait.............
I also "had" a black serpent star with the disc the size of a quarter or just a tad bigger. Thought he was pretty cool and being productive by stirring the sand bed. He "was" comical to see when feeding time arised. Like I said, thought he was pretty cool until I watched in horror when he grabbed the smaller of a pair of true percs that I had just purchased that cost me $100. I ran to get a net to save baby nemo, but he had it in his oral disc already & was slowly digesting him, tail still moving! The female eventually died 2 days later & was also never to be found. After that, Mr. serpent went to the LFS for free.

pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com