Should I get a lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDude14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 125 gallon saltwater with around 10 damsels that are around 1 1/2 inches and a snowflake eel. Would a lion fish Kill/eat my damsels?:fish2:

Every last one of them given the time but imo that's a good thing. Welcome to AA by the way :)

Thanks :) and even if they have places to hide and stuff cause I have a friend that he has a 15 inch lion fish with damsels so I figured if I get one as big as 3-5" then it should be good

Yeah so you think I just let the lion eat the damsels and have a beast looking lion fish

The snowflake will be fine but ya damsels are the worst fish on the market imo (that includes FW, brackish, and SW) haha there are some larger species that have been known to frequently attack divers lol.

Ok well thanks :) ok then what fish will be compatible with a lion fish

If its fowlr check out some angel fish. Maybe even fox faces or smaller tangs.

Yeah I think I might get a fox face, butterfly, and some yellow tangs, and maybe a few other bigger fish thanks for the help

Yes let him eat the damsels and enjoy the show lol. Triggers!!! :) Or puffers! Hope you have good filtration!

Haha ok I was thinking triggers and yes a 125 gallon filter and a 75 gallon filter and working on getting a slimmer

I'd get a really good skimmer before adding those kinds of fish. They are really messy eaters. Porcupine puffers are one of the coolest non reef safe fish imo. they are like a dog haha. Mine used to come up to the glass and follow me when I walked by, looked like he was smiling all the time.

Yeah see I have a good clear tank now so yeah I might not get a puffer. But probably get a trigger

Back
Top Bottom