Should I QT New McCosker's Flasher Wrasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njphin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an 80 gallon tank with 2 clown fish, 1 yellow tang, 1 chromis and 1 yellow watchmen goby. I wanted to complete my stock with getting 1 male McCosker's Flasher Wrasse and 1 or maybe 2 female McCosker's Flasher Wrasses. I was only able to setup a 10 QT. Should I quarantine them in there or just put them in DT? I've heard some say don't stress them in QT and just put them right in DT as they are fairly disease resistant but I'm not sure.

If you dont QT them you risk bringing in disease and parasites. You just have to decide if this worth the risk. I disagree about them being disease resistant.

What ever you decide remmeber that these fish are jumpers so a tight lid is needed.

is it worth the possibility of wiping out your main tank by not qting? any time you add something to your system with out qting thats the risk. some people accept it and do it others dont.

I guess I should of answered my own question as I have not quarantined in the past and now have to deal with the long hard process of ridding your tank of ich. Maybe I'll just go with a pair instead as that should be easier to quarantine in a 10 gallon with tight lid that I have. Does anyone know if just a pair would be active and swimming in the open in the display tank?

... I've heard some say don't stress them in QT and just put them right in DT as they are fairly disease resistant but I'm not sure.

I currently have a flasher wrasse in quarantine... with ich. Disease "resistant" does not mean they can't get it.

Back
Top Bottom