Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Shrimp cycling

I started my 10g sw tank yesterday! I added my dry sand and saltwater! I plan on getting some dry rock soon but I really don't know were! Shipping fees are horrible! But my question is I put my cocktail shrimp in a Pantyhose and turned my heater on fairly warm turned hob filter and airater on! I really don't know what to do next! I know I'm suppose to test ammonia and nitrites and nitrates but when do I do a water change? This may be a dumb question but when I do a water change I put the correct amount of salt mix in the amount of water I'm putting back in? And when it evaporates I put fresh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

KKAY27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:08 AM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Don't do a water change until the cycle is done. Set it and forget it.
And yes, replace evaporation with fresh water, not salt water. Salt does not evaporate.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

cycling, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com