Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah... don't really mind too much for looks... just wanted to make sure they dissolved properly.

What about the LR question? It would be nice to be able to order it and put it in... but I'm a little worried about if the high levels of ammonia/nitrite might affect the Keys rock (make it die or whatever). I was told the hitch hikers wouldn't have issues & they would most likely survive

Old 05-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #12
steve-s

The hitchikers will survive moreso if there is little or no die off. If the tank is cycled first, you have a much greater advantage of preserving the added life. Otherwise you will need to do water changes or wait it out and hope for the best. It really depends on where the rock is purchased from, how fresh the rock is and total travel time to your door.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ahhh... well... the LR will be here from LR.com overnight via DHL.

The guys with LR.com said from time of order to the time it's at my door is less than 24 hours. It would go straight into the tank.

This make a difference?
Old 05-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #14
steve-s

Makes a huge difference. Once the tank's cycled, order the rock ASAP. You'll most likely have zero issues with water quality. I wouldn't add the rock mid cycle though.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice! That's pretty much what I was wanting & expecting to hear. I'll wait it out... if I waited this long, I can wait another measly few weeks. Thanks Steve!! (and others).

Tags
nitrites, no nitrites, pics, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com