Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to kukki
shrimp for cycle about gone...

so my shrimp i used to cycle is just about completely gone... almost, just about ... close... whatever :)

all that is left are a few pieces that keep getting sucked up against the side of my PH.. my ammonia is at .15 ppm { id guess because the shrimp is still giving off ammo.. or would you not be able to read this in a fully cycled tank? }

my trites are less than .1 ppm { also because of high ammo? } and nitrate is 15 ..

ive seen my spikes and all ... its been about a month. im not going to have LR, fish or anything for alittle longer than id like... what should i use to keep feeding the tank after the shrimp is gone or removed by me? ... i would like to remove the rest so they dont ruin the ph, i dont know if it would or not so using the better safe than sorry approach :D

i think i asked a similar thing the other day, but this is more geared towards what to feed the tank while it awaits lr and fish - if anything - its very possible my cycle isnt even finished or near end ...

Old 05-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's probably almost done. Maybe you could just drop in a very small amount of fish food every two or three days just to feed the bacteria.

http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to kukki
what sort of food would you recommend to use? anything i guess?

its going to be at the least, probably about 2 weeks or more of empty tankness... well and its also possible it can be tomorrow lol.... but looks like a good while =(

Tags
cycle, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com