shrimp for cycle about gone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukki

Aquarium Advice Regular
so my shrimp i used to cycle is just about completely gone... almost, just about ... close... whatever :)

all that is left are a few pieces that keep getting sucked up against the side of my PH.. my ammonia is at .15 ppm { id guess because the shrimp is still giving off ammo.. or would you not be able to read this in a fully cycled tank? }

my trites are less than .1 ppm { also because of high ammo? } and nitrate is 15 ..

ive seen my spikes and all ... its been about a month. im not going to have LR, fish or anything for alittle longer than id like... what should i use to keep feeding the tank after the shrimp is gone or removed by me? ... i would like to remove the rest so they dont ruin the ph, i dont know if it would or not so using the better safe than sorry approach :D

i think i asked a similar thing the other day, but this is more geared towards what to feed the tank while it awaits lr and fish - if anything - its very possible my cycle isnt even finished or near end ...

It's probably almost done. Maybe you could just drop in a very small amount of fish food every two or three days just to feed the bacteria.

what sort of food would you recommend to use? anything i guess?

its going to be at the least, probably about 2 weeks or more of empty tankness... well and its also possible it can be tomorrow lol.... but looks like a good while =(

Back
Top Bottom