Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-22-2003, 12:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
shy clown

I brought home a Ocellarus clown on friday. Acclimated him no problems. I had two Yellow tail Damsels in the tank already and they tormented the clown and wouldn't let him out of the corner. So sunday i move the damsels out of the tank and left the clown in alone. Now he wont move out of the corner. THe only time he moves is to eat and thats only if the food floats within about 4 inches. Do you think he will start to come out or has he been scared for life? Should i get him a friend to hang with?
(another o clown). I would eventually like to add a few more fish but not too fast. What other fish are peaceful and could cohabitate with the clown?

easyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:35 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Damsels are terrors...no doubt about that. They would have treated another yellow tail damsel the same way...mean little #%^#$'s. My guess is your clown will recover from his fright and start to come out more in time. I wouldn't add anything for a while. My ocellaris attacks my hand anytime I put it in the tank. No fear at all! He shares a 20 high with a Banggai Cardinal and they seem to get along quite well except for the occasional quibble over a piece of food.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
He'll be ok. Just a little freaked out I suspect. But I don't think another clown buddy would be all that bad an idea. But as stated, you may wanna wait a little while until the current one feels a little better .

Woo Hoo, PAYDAY! Time to pay the LFS rent (even before I pay mine )

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Get rid of the damsels. I really don't like the damsels.

How large is your clown? If it is a samll juvenile, you may be able to get away with adding another one of equal size, but if they are larger, they will be agressive towards each other unless they are a true pair.

I don't know about your setup... I got an anemone for my clown...but I have the lighting (260W PC)
125 gal mixed REEF
PrettyFishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 02:20 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
No worries. I decided to get him a little buddy. As soon as the bag hit the water to start acclimation the little guy came right out of the corner to meet the new addition. now they're inseparable cruising all over the tank.

BTW I have a 90 gal new tank(2 months) with a small amount of live rock(adding more as funds allow) and DSB

Thanks guys & gals
easyian is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com