Are you planning to go Reef? or stay with FOWLR
? ok well to determine what to do first here are a few questions.
1.Are you using RO
water Any algae problems?
2. What is your method to mixing Saltwater before adding to tank
3. How are you measuring Specific Gravity
4.Do you have a test kit if so what are you testing for and how often and what are the results.
5. How much live rock is currently in your tank.
I do not plan to go reef in the near future maybe in a couple years. But just maybe I happen to be a sheapskate LOL.
1. I just use tap water that i condition as needed for chlorine etc.
2. I mix saltwater in a a couple 5 gallon buckets and let it sit over nightwith a powerhead running in it .
3. I just use the hydrometer to measure the specific gravity of the water.
4. I have marine test kit that measures the high range PH , Ammonia(NH3
I only test when things look a little different when fish seem to be acting different. Maybe ever three or four months.
I for got to mention that I have 40 lbs of crushed coral in the the bottom with some sand that controls the PH perfectly.
I'll have to rung the tests tomorro to give the specs to you.
My nemone is a condylacti