Skilter 250 Modifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newsalt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Skilter 250 that I have on my cycling 15g high tank is fairly noisy when I'm running the skimmer, but I think that's typical. I've seen a couple of links where people have modified the Skilter to quite it down using wooden air stones covered with 35mm film containers, etc. None of these links give any details or steps in how to make the modifications. Before I start drilling holes or whatever, I wanted to know if anyone here would be willing to help me by providing some detailed information.

Thanks in advance.

It's been a while since a had a Skilter but I quieted mine down by simply adding a wooden airstone on a piece of air line tubing to the cylinder that produces foam. I unhooked the venturi hose that came with the Skilter and removed it. You can lift that center tube up off the base, shove the wooden airstone under and about 1/2 way up into the cylinder. Hook up an air pump and it will be quiet and produce skimmate........Others may have a better way to modify it, but this is what worked for me without drilling holes.

Back
Top Bottom