Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi
My name is Brian and i am in the process of changing my fresh water tank over to a salt water tank.

My question is about my skimmer. I have read that some people do not like the Coralife Super skimmer but i have one now and i am going to keep it. From what i read people dont like it because it is hard to dial in. Is it good at producing a good skim.

I have mine set up on my tank and realize that it will not produce anything due to having no fish in my tank. When i adjust the water do i want froth comming out of the top of the cone constantly or should the bubble line be below the cone?

Thanks Everyone

I have my bubble line just barely inside my cone. It can take several hours for it to start producing good bubbles and skimmate into the cup after you set it. Be careful not to set it much higher ( or have time to watch it after). If I set mine too high it will overflow very quickly, even if at first it does not look like it. I got mine used and for the price it was a good skimmer - Produces a lot of good skimmate, bit as stated before have had problems with it overflowing. Just be able to watch it closely.

it can overflow but when doing water changes or water top offs or adding things such as a carbon source may cause it to overflow. there is a small red knob on the return line thats the only thing you need to adjust to the the bubble line below the collection cup, it may take a few days on a new tank to start collecting waste but once it starts it collects very well.

you don't want foam constantly coming out or you'll be emptying the collection tray constantly. Set it below the cone and it will overflow naturally as skimmate builds up

Back
Top Bottom