skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phaded

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 5 day old skimmer is not working anymore. I bought a weipro sa-2011 skimmer and it seemed to be working ok at first but now it stopped working. I have a video of it
please help me if there is any help. Thanks

I believe you have the tube (call it what you will) upside down. The long part should be down so the bubbles flow up the tube and break. Flip it over

It's one of those things someone can't Google and post as their own.. so you don't get many responses

The only knob that came with it is the water outlet and I can turn it up but the water level just rises and files the cup.

Air is on airtube on the water intake. I put an air valve on the tub to see if it would help but just makes it worse. I just have it wide open now.

Try adjusting it slowly until your water level is at the bottom of the collection cup remember allow the adjustment at least a day to see where you are at

How many days does it take to break in usually? This is day 6. I think I wasted my money on this skimmer. But I haven't completely given up hope. Thank you all for the help. I am really glad I found this place becuase I was getting a little overwhelmed. Thanks again.

It took my remora over two weeks to break in. And my eshopps on my 125g just broke in after 2 weeks as well. I still have some minor tweaking to do to get it thicker, but it does take a while

Try adjusting it slowly until your water level is at the bottom of the collection cup remember allow the adjustment at least a day to see where you are at

Will do. You are talking about adjusting the water flow right not the air?

Sometimes it can take a couple weeks it has to build a layer of protein on it to be most effective which will happen with time What all do you have in your tank?

Sometimes it can take a couple weeks it has to build a layer of protein on it to be most effective which will happen with time What all do you have in your tank?

Right now just got some live sand and dry coral. I plan on getting about 25 pounds of live rock tomorrow. I want fish only for now. I have a wet/ dry and HOB filter with the skimmer.

With just that in the tank you may notice it does not skim alot right now as you increase your bioload it will skim more Most of what gets skimmed comes from waste from livestock

Back
Top Bottom