skimmer help micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have a coralife 65.skimmer with a g500 needle wheel pump.

installed a ball valve on.pump with pump all the way.on the skimmer gets cloudy with micro bubbles and so does my tank.

I've found a trick that seems to work. Since its a 36 gallon. Take the skimmer off and unplug it. Walk to your front door and open it. Wait about 5-10 seconds and launch it outside making sure it hits pavement.

Option. You can drive over it a few time of you want.

I've found a trick that seems to work. Since its a 36 gallon. Take the skimmer off and unplug it. Walk to your front door and open it. Wait about 5-10 seconds and launch it outside making sure it hits pavement.

Lol yeah I'll just sell it... Hey Tony want to buy a skimmer lol

Ok done done reading and found that the outlet should be above the water level and flowing into the filter box. Maybe that if why my tank filled up with bubbles.

lol shame on you

a skimmer is always helpful, some of the smaller ones don't work properly yes but if you have a good one then why not use it.

as for the issue with micro bubbles i nthe tank, try slowing the flow of the pump down by adding more bubbles, if thats not workign try a piece of filter floss infront of the skimmer output, new skimmers have a tendancy to make alot of crazy bubbles untill they are broken in

I put floss in front of flow and it still made bubbles it is used and cane with the tank so no big loss. The only adjustment is adjusting flow out of pump and flew coming out of skimmer which adjusts the level in the skimmer. I tried every which way the only way it stopped is when it wasn't creating bubbles in the skimmer as well

lol shame on you

a skimmer is always helpful, some of the smaller ones don't work properly yes but if you have a good one then why not use it.

as for the issue with micro bubbles i nthe tank, try slowing the flow of the pump down by adding more bubbles, if thats not workign try a piece of filter floss infront of the skimmer output, new skimmers have a tendancy to make alot of crazy bubbles untill they are broken in

Haha yeah they may serve some purpose but its still my strong opinion that in that size tank it's not needed. I have a 29 gallon bio cube with no fuge or skimmer and all it good.

I did speak with him through PM in great detail about being diligent with water changes and not over feeding and he won't need the skimmer. A lot of what I say as he knows is in fun lol. I do take the hobby serious and offer options as well.

I'm just a character lol.

the easest would have been to slow how much was coming in and turn down the output to raise the level in the skimmer if ther is to high a flow in the skimmer it will push the bubbles around the skimmer to hard and they will end up coming to the output, but i read you got it to stop so thats good, from what i've read those corallife skimemrs are hard to adjust

A+ lol.
Yeah I am very diligent when it comes to maintenance I do weekly water changes and watch my feeding. And keep a close eye on my parameters.

I was just gonna try it cause it came used with my tank.

I know when convict is joking or not

I just have free time on my hand so I figured I would mess with it. Figured it can't hurt but all I managed to do is piss my fish and coral off lol

the easest would have been to slow how much was coming in and turn down the output to raise the level in the skimmer if ther is to high a flow in the skimmer it will push the bubbles around the skimmer to hard and they will end up coming to the output, but i read you got it to stop so thats good, from what i've read those corallife skimemrs are hard to adjust

No if I got it to stop coming in the tank there wasn't any bubbles in the skimmer either.

The pump is not the original pump so I think that has something to do with it. Too much water flow even when almost turned all the way off

I like the above advice..only I'm a broke *** sale it on ebay and let someone else have a headache

Back
Top Bottom