Skimmer Ideas??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaunk1978

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
No Idea where to go with this, had an all in one system. Now doing a 70 cube build. Have an RS-100 sump anyone have skimmer suggestions????

Don't want something that saves a buck and creates a headache

You could get a reef octopus nw-150, bubble magus NAC6, or an SWC Xtreme-150. SWC would be the best of the 3. I have the NAC6 and love it but it needs a high water level to be efficient.

Still on this skimmer thing, want to do an external set up to keep room for live rock and macro in the sump. Looked at the reef octopus but says metric plumbing, anyone have experience with this?

Shaunk1978 said:
Still on this skimmer thing, want to do an external set up to keep room for live rock and macro in the sump. Looked at the reef octopus but says metric plumbing, anyone have experience with this?

Go to bulkreefsupply.com and go into the octopus skimmer section, under the full description it should say

There may be a metric piece on the reef octopus, but it should come with a fitting that changes it over. Mine did and I further adapted it to be an elbow rather than a straight piece.

Well that would be nice but I called BRS today and they said use rubber coupling from Lowes..
For 600.00 I don't want to have to have what I would say is a leak point..... There should be a better way. Why doesn't someone sell actual adapters?

Back
Top Bottom