skimmer is sending out little bubbles round the tank, is this right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesfrancishill

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
Sorry to be a pain, im quite new to this and am after some advice. I have just purchased a 63lt tank with a v20 skimmer. I have set it all up, put the water, sand and bacteria in and have left it for 2 days. The skimmer is sending out little bubbles round the tank, is this right? If so will it always be like this?

Thanks for any help

Welcome to AA!

A skimmer can take up to 2 weeks to break in where it will finally start producing some nice skimmate and stop pumping microbubbles into the system.

Thanks for your help and advice, the guy in the shop told me to set eveything up and let it run for 2 weeks first, is this right? Also should I be changing the water in those 2 weeks?

+1.

Please research for yourself. It sounds like the shop you are going to has people who either don't know anything relative or just want to sell and don't care.

The v20 is quite a small skimmer and needs to be placed at the correct level in the water also try adjusting the water flow level knob,give it a couple of weeks to allow the tank to go through a fishless cycle use a fresh prawn/shrimp from your local fishmongers.

Back
Top Bottom