Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Skimmer replacement

I need to get another skimmer, I was cleaning my ASM G4 the other day and the neck were it cones cracked! Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a five hundred dollar skimmer (wish I could) so any advice as to which skimmer is the best bang for the buck?? I have looked at a few but don't know really what to look for! My wife wants a Marineland advanced (just because of looks, very sleek) I try to tell her your not going to see it anyways its going to be in the sump!! I am partial to precision marine bullet 2 ( but I find myself falling in the same lines as my wife! Very rugged looking) I have a 120g w/ 40g sump with a heavy bioload. Thank you in advance for your replys and comments

Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I would suggest the one I'm using currently. It is cheaper and probably more effective than the ones you are looking at.
Reef Octopus NWB150 6

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

ok thanx But it's rated to UP TO 150G would that still work with a 120 with a heavy bioload?? Would i need to go one step bigger than that? It also has an OTP pump is that better than what is on the reef octo diablo 225 with its sicce pump? does the gph make a difference? cause the R.O. nwb150 6" pump is rated at 500Gph, where the sicce pump on the diablo is rated at 880 Gph? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand what i'm getting into!

Tags
skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com