Skimmer replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chase35

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to get another skimmer, I was cleaning my ASM G4 the other day and the neck were it cones cracked! Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a five hundred dollar skimmer (wish I could) so any advice as to which skimmer is the best bang for the buck?? I have looked at a few but don't know really what to look for! My wife wants a Marineland advanced (just because of looks, very sleek) I try to tell her your not going to see it anyways its going to be in the sump!! I am partial to precision marine bullet 2 ( but I find myself falling in the same lines as my wife! Very rugged looking) I have a 120g w/ 40g sump with a heavy bioload. Thank you in advance for your replys and comments

ok thanx But it's rated to UP TO 150G would that still work with a 120 with a heavy bioload?? Would i need to go one step bigger than that? It also has an OTP pump is that better than what is on the reef octo diablo 225 with its sicce pump? does the gph make a difference? cause the R.O. nwb150 6" pump is rated at 500Gph, where the sicce pump on the diablo is rated at 880 Gph? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand what i'm getting into!

Back
Top Bottom