Skimmer trouble!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren_88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been running my skimmer for about a month now in my RR94. It's a v2 120 skimmer. I thought it was skimming correctly but after doing some online research now think it's not doing anything at all. I can get micro bubbles in the chamber that them fill the cup with water but pictures online show the while cup and chamber filled with foam. This is a photo of the skimmer when I haven't turned the dial at all (nothing us in chamber or cup)

image-3422533421.jpg

Then I turn the dial slightly anti clockwise and I'm just getting the same micro bubbles and water

image-858919328.jpg

I'm getting really annoyed with it as I've been trying to sort it now for 3 days and I'm getting no where :( maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm modding something? It cost me £50 and i dont have the funds to buy another one at the moment so really would like to get it working. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Lauren

I have a small biocube, a 29g model and I don't run a skimmer at all. :)

You can try to adjust it the tiniest bit and leave it for awhile to see if it works better. If you just adjust away at it without waiting then you won't get an accurate adjustment, at least in my experience.

Not sure that was all too helpful, lol But if all else fails then I would just remove the skimmer and go without. In a tank your size a weekly water change will be all that you need.

Ok thanks. I've adjusted it this morning and left it alone. Can't tell at the moment if it's working or not so will check in the morning. I really want to use the skimmer as it's brand new and cost a lot. So I don't want to waste my money but we shall see hopefully I'll get it working lol

Back
Top Bottom