Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-27-2003, 12:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Skunk Clowns

Anyone have experience with these? My LFS cannot get a good Perc in, they are always sickly. Which is funny, most of his species are very healthy. I had a couple of cinnamons, but Ich took over. I am ready now for some new clowns, but I don't want the same thing, and I can't get a good Perc or false Perc specimen.

He always seems to have healthy skunks though. Are orange skunks pretty bright once they acclimate? Are they as cool as othere species of clowns? I just don't want something I will be dissapointed in, so I want to know if anyone had them and liked them? Any suggestion?

Woo Hoo, PAYDAY! Time to pay the LFS rent (even before I pay mine )

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:27 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
I have never kept Orange Skunks, if they are available, I'd look for TR, they should eat well and be acclimated to life in captivity. I have kept pink skunks and they were great, very hardy peaceful fish that adopted several corals as surrogate hosts.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:09 AM   #3
I have had a mated pair of pink skunk clowns for almost three years now. They are very active and interesting fish. They will accpet most types of prepared foods once acclimated and are quite peaceful towrds tankmates.

clown, clowns, skunk

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com