Sky's Diving Into The Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just stunning reef! Looks like it's 2 years or more even though it's pretty new. What is that turquoise type montipora in the left back corner?

obscurereef said:
Just stunning reef! Looks like it's 2 years or more even though it's pretty new. What is that turquoise type montipora in the left back corner?

Thank you! I love it, I was a little skeptical of how I would like SW when I made the jump but it's turned out to be infinitely better than I thought.

The monti is just your basic green monti. Since I got the LEDs the color on it has exploded and it's twice as fleshy as I've ever seen it.

skywhitney said:
Thank you! I love it, I was a little skeptical of how I would like SW when I made the jump but it's turned out to be infinitely better than I thought.

The monti is just your basic green monti. Since I got the LEDs the color on it has exploded and it's twice as fleshy as I've ever seen it.

Agreed...so...better than fw? Lol

You're tank is so jaw-droppingly amazing! I love the rockwork looking so uniform yet so wonderfully colored!!! You kick butt!

Thanks guys! I got a few nicer shots of some of the corals so i might throw those up tomorrow.

I ended up rescaping again (I know, I know). I am actually really liking this scape, it gives me quite a bit more flexibility in coral placements. I also snagged a nifty frag trees hitch is making it really easy to introduce new frags and possibly grow some others. Right now the tree is holding four new Acan frags that I got today.

FTS with and without frag tree

image-4158640395.jpg

image-3365017458.jpg

Right side close up

image-1963343329.jpg

Left side close up

image-1827281480.jpg

Frag tree

image-2685147658.jpg

One of the new Acan

image-3384359101.jpg

Since I did the re-scape my Alk has dropped a full point and my Ca dropped almost 100 ppm. Guess I'm back to a dosing regimen.

Sniperhank said:
I really like your new scape and even more that frag tree. I've never seen one like it! Where did you find it at?

+1 I need four of them bad boys :)

Time for an update.

I am still very happy with this scape, it easy to keep organized and coral placements are pretty easy.

I have acquired 5 new corals: Daisy Polyps, Green Finger Leather, Christmas Blastomussa, Pinwheel Fungia, and a new Lobo (blue with orange center).

I had to move some of the corals around cause they weren't to happy where I originally put them.

I also traded the 10g holding tank for a sleek little nano cube. It will still be serving the same purpose.

Now for pics, captions are below the pictures.

image-386276951.jpg

FTS

image-2111141758.jpg

Right side

image-1051752697.jpg

Left side

image-2466091203.jpg

Daisy Polyps

image-2618232409.jpg

Green Finger Leather

image-947618959.jpg

Christmas Blastomussa

image-3462981178.jpg

Pinwheel Fungia

image-1201300546.jpg

Lobo (colors are pretty washed out still)

image-2128247034.jpg

Fungia and Lobo (colors are much better)

image-3042425541.jpg

New nano cube

Bearchumjs said:
Everything looks wonderful! I love the daisy polyps!

Thank you :) they were a cool little impulse buy but have seemed to work out well so far.

skywhitney said:
Thank you :) they were a cool little impulse buy but have seemed to work out well so far.

Oh you will grow them out quickly! Ive been looking for a frag! They are beautiful

sad day :( I came into the office where i have my tanks and the tang was dead. apparently somehow i got a nasty case of ich in there. The Goby and Blenny are now in hypo but the Goby is looking pretty bad, I really hope he makes it :( The Blenny is swimming around and looks ok.

Now the reef sits void of fish.

Start the Hypo clock....

Back
Top Bottom