Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
1) you don't have to, but it's not a bad idea. it protects the glass under it from cracking when you place the rocks.
2) this is the way a lot of people do it and it works really well. If your not doing a DIY tank sump, what pre made one do you have?
3) well, you'll have a lot of Green in your refugium, but if you want it in the dt, get halimedia. It's a macro that uses calcium to grow, so it's easier to take care of.
1) Sounds good i'll definitely do it, I don't see how it could be any harm at all other than having to possibly buy a little more sand.
2) It's a premade sump. Aqueon ProFlex Model 3.
3) I'll Look into that. this isn't important in this tank, just thought it might be kinda cool to integrate but You don't really see many green plants growing on reefs in the wild so i'll probably bypass and leave the green to the refugium.
New Question for everyone.
4) I was looking at the Kessil A150 LED
's, what do you guys think of them and are they worth it?