Sky's Newest 120g Adventure (pic heavy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A glimpse of things to do tonight :)

img_3194818_0_3a1f9ce97a5b878a26f38d57b038af18.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via the Aquarium Advice app.

Here are pictures of both my 120g and my Nuvo 20g with their Radions (the Nuvo has had the XR15 for a while now)!

img_3194917_0_91ccaad21c5d66e7cad8382e4068a8f0.jpg

img_3194917_1_a282520a5ebc7c5b7b15473f7af6df8c.jpg

They are! I love the nice clean look they have, they also allow the mangroves to be shown more too which is a plus.

I got my pumps attached to the Reeflink as well. It's pretty cool (small things can excite me lol)!

Yesterday I picked up my Mystery Wrasse as well. He's settled in well already in QT with the Solorensis (they were tank mates at the store as well).

img_3195140_0_9e5e626ec865d10a7993f952fb055e9d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eye on it if it starts acting up. I helped set one up for a friend a while back and it seemed like we had to restart it all the time cause it would just disconnect every 30 min or so.

Disconnect from the internet or to the power? Is it updated? I had trouble with the connection through the reeflink and troubleshooted through Ecotech. I had to get in contact with them and one of the data files became corrupt that they had to fix. No issues since.

it would just lose connection to his network. I haven't had to mess with it in quite some time so I'm not sure if it's working better now or not. He hasn't complained about it in quite a while so I'd guess it's working fine now.

On a seperate note, do you happen to have any experience with elegance corals Sniperhank?

Last edited:
No personal experience. If memory serves, they are collected from two different areas. I want to say Australia and I don't remember...maybe the red sea...but the ones that aren't from Australia just do awful in the home aquarium and always die.

That's good to know. I'll make sure to look out for that if I decide to get one. I've wanted one for a while but always shyed away due to aggression and longevity issues that I've heard about. I'm thinking it might be time to try one out since I think I have a great spot for one in the tank now.

If you do, put a ton of time/effort in making sure you get an aussie so you have some longevity in your investment.
How are the radions doing? Anything neat with your schedule?

If I get one I'll the LFS I go to will make sure they bring in exactly what I ask for. They're awesome and have always done right by me ☺

The radions are doing great so far. I just have them on the high growth setting right now but it is a little to white for my liking so I might change it. I haven't played around with the settings shop in not sure if I can modify the program to match the color temperature that I like. All the corals opened up nice and big today so they are responding really well already.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm I will have to mess around with it some more then. I usually keep my lights in the 14k- 16k range but right now I think it's around 10k-11k.

Just wondering, why did you remove all the red?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Algae struggles. Just can't kill it off. Minimal effect, if any, but I do like the colors better. I wish I could, or knew how to, take a picture of the graph and show it off.

Screenshot it :)

I was able to get my color temp adjusted to 14k so now I'm much happier with the appearance. I have both the Nuvo and the 120g synced up on lights so the corals should be getting pretty much the same exact lighting regardless of what tank they're in.

I have seen no evidence of any nudibranchs on any of my zoas nor have I found any signs of eggs so hopefully that issue is close to under control. I have seen some zoa pox on a couple of the colonies but that seems to be going away by itself. I do have some furan just in case it doesn't resolve itself though.

Should I keep the zoas in QT for another week? Two weeks?

Last edited:
I found a new baby bubble coral growing next to my big one :)

img_3195675_0_e499db321dcde213c29058f4872747c1.jpg

img_3195675_1_d8c7617ecc3c4b7ba0d44a30474c7bd5.jpg

Would it be ok for me to frag it off and move it?

Last edited:
Now that I have these I shouldn't need any new hardware for the tank for a long time!

img_3195980_0_692ed84996d89da19224bcc2cb3d6e52.jpg

Back
Top Bottom