Small Aiptasia Problem In Newly Assembled Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney6980

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i got the 125 gallon running. Had one small problem due to a power head falling in the sand blowing around for a good 10 hours before I got home. Got that all settled and hooked up an Eheim 2217 with filter floss to pull out all the dirt and stuff in the water. I have 30 pounds of rubble i got from Premium Aquatics which was some really really good stuff! Tons of really cool rock shapes, tons of neat little worms and feather dusters, and a lot of purple, pink, red, and green corralline algae. So to start helping seed the dry rock I moved that rubble and placed all around in between bigger pieces. Well as a few days has passed, I've noticed that the rubble also has some little aiptasias on them. I got some Aiptasia-X and have been making quick work of these little annoyances. But it's startin to seem like every one I kill, another one pops up! It's rather easy to spot them considering that the majority of the rock in the tank is white with no growth, and they're only popping up on the pieces of rubble. If I got a couple peppermint shrimp and tossed them in, would they help rid me of these pests? I want to try and eliminate them now before I get anymore live rock in the tank and progress any further just so it would be easier now while their population is still hopefully low. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Peppermints worked well for me, I only had a few Aptasia, but I've never seen any since. They were gone in about 2-3 days, and this was years ago. I only put 2 peppermints in the tank, and still have them today.

Back
Top Bottom