Small bubbles covering LR????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose7878

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been having a issue with small bubbles covering my LR. The tank has been setup for 2 1/2 months.But it was A transfer from a 55 to a 90 and the 55 was setup for 5 years .
All paramaters are good.
ph 8.2 , no3 0 , a 0 , po4 0 , cal 480 , sali 1.024 , kh 9 , temp 78
The lights are on for 9 hours of the day.
Does anyone know were they are coming from?

sounds like hydrogen bubbles to me. i get them on the bottom of my rocks... sometimes they stick to the sides.

-Brad

When I see little bubbles in mine it tells me I need to add water, I add a gallon or so and they go away...not sure if that is your prob or not but it seems to me your pump may be sucking air? Just a thought...

Yeah it's not that it needs water, water level way above return pump. I do not believe that the pump is sucking any air it completely submerged I have shaken it to make sure .

Just leave the bubble be.... It's a good sign that means your system is going thru a Nitrogen Cycle. Which means it's keeping your Nitrates down which is a good sign your LR is doing it's job like it's suppose to... It's all apart of the Biological Filtration... (y)

It can go on forever. it's just apart of the biological filtration... You want to keep your nitrates down so that is a good thing that you see bubbles....

Back
Top Bottom