small green button polyps having Iissues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LukeMoss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Id also like to ask a favour from you lovely bunch please can you help??! I'm worried, like in my introduction I said I have some small green button polyps and they believe they have excreted but some of them have remained closed with there excrement still attached but I'm worrying because it isn't going :/ I have the coral half way up the aquarium with lots of lighting. They was fine before they excreted I've attached the best picture possible sorry for the quality. Thanks in advance. :D ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395162744.965647.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see anything coming out of them, if they are new to the tank give them a few more days - I have had zoa colonies take days for all of them to open. If they were going down hill they would appear to be melting away.

It's just like they have a black head but they've only closed since they've excreted, maybe they aren't ready to come out yet I only bought them last weekend... All my levels are good and I'm using the stock lighting as well as another blue LED strip that I was told to buy... All the other are doing fantastic!

IMO those are zoa's and not green button polyps. I have green button polyps and they dont look like that.

Ohh right thanks very much, sorry I'm new to this and not quite sure on what's what haha, the tank is a Fluval Edge 23l

Back
Top Bottom