Small Problem - wife put in fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoothie7

Aquarium Advice Activist
We have a small reef tank set up that is 90 gallons. Has about 60 pounds of rock and about 8 small corals. The small problem is I was gone on business for a few days and when I got home, my wife had found a very cute 1.5" humu humu trigger and was told by the LFS that he wouldn't nip at corals. She put him in a few days ago when I was gone. It appears that everything looks great and that he hasn't nipped at anything. Should I be concerned? If so, how the heck am I going to catch the speedy devil without tearing apart my aquascape and messing with the corals. Please help

Yeah...they get big and are strong and will simply not work long-term. Especially in a 90g reef. It could easily decide the tank is all it's territory and knock off any other fish. I had a full grown in my 240g and can't imagine it in much smaller.

It will be tough to catch now, but imagine down the road when it is larger and your corals have grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

bait a soft nylon string that has a knot at the end make the knot a hair bigger than his mouth, he will get stuck when he bites it as his little teeth will get tangled in the webbing of the string , and you can safely catch him with no harm just use a net when you bring him in

My lightning fast netting skills caught him on Saturday. Ok....I got lucky and he was looking the other way :)

Back
Top Bottom