Smokey Water, Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickyP

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to marine fish keeping, have done research and spent 8 weeks getting things started before adding livestock. Got temp, sg, pH etc to withinn acceptable levels.

Have basic layout, sand base and rock.

added fish slowly.

Currently have

4 Domino Damsels
2 Clowns
1 Emerald Crab
3 Lion Fish

all has been going well untill 3 days ago

It appears as if there is smoke in the water, more noticable directly under light source. I have added charchol pad to underwater filter but that has not made much difference. All fish appear healthy and are still active and feeding.

would appreciate any hints on what the problem may be and how to clear the water

Im assuming this is a 75 gal tank? Did you add any carbon by any chance? If you didn't rinse it you may be seeing the dust. Other than that I can only assume it may be bacteria, but its hard to say. Are you using an undergravel filter? If so that may be a problem. I think 3 lionfish is a bit of a heavy load, and I think 4 dominos is asking for trouble when they mature. At least you added everything slowly, and did your cycle. Mabye someone else will have a better idea of whats going on.

Back
Top Bottom