Snail Cleanup Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I have a lot of algae that's on my glass and sand, and i think that the concept of adding a fish (eg:lawnmower blenny) to solve a problem is wrong, because i have read that they do a great job, then starve from lack of algae. And i am not opposed to inverts, i am actually fascinated by them. are there any other inverts that would clean the glass?

inverts will die from starvation as well. nothing cleans glass better than a razor blade and/or magfloat.
snails will not keep the glass crystal clear. if you like to look at them add a couple astreas and maybe a pair of nassarius for the sand bed, but remember that they need food and nassarius are not vegetarians. they will need some sort of meaty foods to hit the sand bed.

Hold up, are the Astreas the ones that flip over and can not right themselves? I do not want to add anything that needs constant babysitting.

I prefer ceriths as they can right themselves and are less conspicuous but eh, they both eat algae. Nassarius are the only inverts in my tank that I feel contribute majorly though.

How are you so lucky that your astreas never flip? I feel like my arm is in my tank at least 2 -3 times a week at minimum playing snail rescue!

Back
Top Bottom