Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

I gotta know how your corals and fish are doing today!

Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #92
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

No clue. Left for work before lights were on and we havent been called to testify yet...and a 5 hour drive back across the state after.

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
No clue. Left for work before lights were on and we havent been called to testify yet...and a 5 hour drive back across the state after.
I see. Well, I hope all is well and they look happy when you get home!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #94
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Finally got home. Lights were out, obviously, but looked at the new corals. Appears the worm brain and acan are ok. I believe the chalice is doing ok, I'll know better when the lights are on tomorrow. The birds nest on the other hand is bleaching. Another failed attempt at SPS... I should have waited. The diatoms are out of control. I wiped them off with my mag float and it actually got stuck to the glass there was so much. My skimmer is going nuts cleaning crap out of the tank as well.

Either way, I'm on freeze from adding new coral to the tank. Still want the 2 black clowns from my LFS if they are still there...I'd assume they are since there aren't many on the salty side in the area. They paired up nicely there though, so I have actual hopes for them.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

Definitely get the clowns! That will be so cool! Sorry about that one coral bleaching. Do they bleach from too much light or not enough? Maybe if you move it to more light or less light it will do better? I'm glad to hear your other ones appear to be doing well. I know me- I would have turned the lights on. LOL!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #96
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Sps are special. Too much, too little, not enough flow, to large of a pwc, running to much carbon...plain and simple the 55 is too new for sps. I know this, just didnt use the knowledge i have. The plan for them in the future is to run a controller on my tank that will monitor salinity, ph...you get the idea. Either way im not allowed to buy more coral until things are stable...so a couple months. Need to nurse my duncams back into the game anyway...might even just put them and the acan back in the 36. Dont know, well see. This will take time and patience, plain and simple.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Sps are special. Too much, too little, not enough flow, to large of a pwc, running to much carbon...plain and simple the 55 is too new for sps. I know this, just didnt use the knowledge i have. The plan for them in the future is to run a controller on my tank that will monitor salinity, ph...you get the idea. Either way im not allowed to buy more coral until things are stable...so a couple months. Need to nurse my duncams back into the game anyway...might even just put them and the acan back in the 36. Dont know, well see. This will take time and patience, plain and simple.
So they are just very needy, like a high maintenance girlfriend. LOL!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #98
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

And they dont even cuddle afterwards. Eitherway, the key will be patience and utilizing one of my knowledge bases, computer tech. I alreadt manage my radions with my computer, so wouldnt be a large leap to add things to it.

There will def be a controller, wavemaker, and ato in my future prior to any sps.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
And they dont even cuddle afterwards. Eitherway, the key will be patience and utilizing one of my knowledge bases, computer tech. I alreadt manage my radions with my computer, so wouldnt be a large leap to add things to it.

There will def be a controller, wavemaker, and ato in my future prior to any sps.
Those things sound awesome! I imagine a wave maker would be fun. ATO would be super convenient. I don't really know what a controller does. Will have to look that up.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Controllers are sweet, I plan to get one eventually in the mean time it's good ole fashioned timers. Sorry to hear your unfortunate luck with sps, may still be salvageable if you move it.

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com