Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #1041
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

What would be even cooler if one of my pom poms would show back up lol.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #1042
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

The best part is is that it originally ran to the nem when I put it in. Then vanished. Days later it showed back up and hasn't left that nem at all. I thought I lost it like so many inverts before.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #1043
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just found my Pom Pom the other night, and then the power outage, so no telling if mine is still around. Nothing else was lost, so it may show up again. It was a month or more since I saw it last. Cool creatures though.

I didn't even realize that was a nem until you said that. I thought it was a Duncan. After looking again its obvious. Lol
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #1044
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It happens. It normally doesn't look like that, but I just switched up my radion graphing and things have started improving I think. Now to address the phosphates.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #1045
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I continue to fiddle in my tank, trying to make room for 2 plate coral in the sandbed. Might be an idiot, but my birthday is approaching and I decided to treat myself since I am discharging the final kid on my caseload back home the same day. Thank god. I've realized that there alot of coral in there that I really like. I need a new tank asap. Bigger tank with bigger sandbed. WTB ASAP.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #1046
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

So, as you can see above I ordered 2 new plates. I JUST got an email for the promotions from saltwaterfish...spend 89.99 and get a free plate coral. I could have had 3! Lol...owell, didn't have the room for it anyway. If anyone is interested in this and need new corals, just add the promotional plate and the code is freeplate.

That aside, continuing weekly maintenance. Have been using aquaplanner pro on my iphone to keep me to a tighter schedule and track my test results. Pretty much everything is on point except for the alk level. It won't go up, basically I gave up on trying to raise it. Things are going decent in the tank aside from the .03 phosphates. Not much I can do about that since it is coming out of my water. Either way, ran out of di resin so I'm back to distilled from the store. Ironically this issue didn't occur from this water so I'll just scratch the ro/di until I move in the future. It just isn't worth the fight.

My rbta moved again today, slowly making its way to where it was originally it looks like. Odd critter. Hopefully it stays away from my coral if it decides to keep moving. Just think it doesn't like that I added the other powerhead to the top of the tank. Guess it is sending a current down into the corner...like I wanted to occur and keep junk from building up in the corners like it had started doing.

Holding off new pics until the new plates come to keep dangling the carrot infront of you guys to see if I can hit 200 pages on this build! Lol.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #1047
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Ok, I lied. Came home from work and couldn't sleep. Rearranged the sandbed again to make room for those plate coral. So, FTS time.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #1048
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Ok, I lied. Came home from work and couldn't sleep. Rearranged the sandbed again to make room for those plate coral. So, FTS time.
Your tank looks awesome!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #1049
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Thanks. I wish it was going as well as all the positive praise I get in the thread.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #1050
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Thanks. I wish it was going as well as all the positive praise I get in the thread.
You will always be your hardest critic. I know you are wanting it to be so much nicer, but it really does look nice. I can't wait to see the new plates! When will they be delivered?

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com