Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second phase will be interesting to see. This made the hob fuge more effective than I would have thought. Can't wait to see how the weaker lights on the hob are when tied to a system with Reef lighting.

Yes, I am still trying to take in all the specifics and keep them straight.

I have a huge amount of Chaeto but small tanks and no refugium, but I would like one for my 12G, the small tank I do have will not fit in the cabinet. Was thinking of making custom sized tank sometime. After seeing Bubbas Jig set up seems possible. Plants are such good cleaners, and sands are good filters too (As in nature, truly amazing really. Have you seen the Biodome with sewerwater turned back into potable water after the plants clean it?).

I have a premade acrylic HOB one which came with some stuff I bought or traded for but have never used it. (Don't really know what I am doing yet!) If you do a set up for one make sure to let me know so I can follow along and learn.

With the 6.6G Edge (my 12G Mr. Aqua is about finished cycling now), I am using low to moderate lighting, hob filter and Chaeto ball in the corner where it gets light because a long while back my light for that acrylic fuge ended up non functional and I never replaced it. A little Caulerpa, and big Black Codium in the other corner.

No algae really ever an issue and do weekly pwc 10-30% depending what I am feeding the tank. Is doing pwc what you mean by nutrient export?

Well it's official. I have ordered a Red Sea S-series 500. 135 gallons of reef ready bliss. Did some emailing back and forth regarding things and it will get dropped off at the curb at my new home. Only take a week or two to get shipped. Pretty solid and pumped. Currently holding off moving into my new house until it arrives and can be filled up so I can watch over the 55 until it is ready to be moved.
With that said, really thinking about black sand in the new system. Thoughts?

I can't answer your sand color question but kudos to the new system.What color did you get. Talk about bells and whistles!

The days are winding down on this build. Just got done taking apart the skimmer pump since it stopped skimming again. Looks like all is well now.
Thought I'd share a picture of the odd hitchhiker urchin that came in on my frogspawn. Hasn't caused any harm, but sure looks like he wouldn't be Reef safe. Been watching him for awhile.
Image1494175579.199716.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom