Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #1391
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well, got the opportunity to work both my days off this week. Thank god I'm salary so I made less money than normal in reality... came home to see my one Radion unable to stay on. Emailed Ecotech about it, they think the power supply is spent. Going to call tomorrow and hope it is still under warranty. If not, guess I'll just buy one.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #1392
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Well, got the opportunity to work both my days off this week. Thank god I'm salary so I made less money than normal in reality... came home to see my one Radion unable to stay on. Emailed Ecotech about it, they think the power supply is spent. Going to call tomorrow and hope it is still under warranty. If not, guess I'll just buy one.
Ouch! I sure hope its a warranty then.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #1393
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It is just odd though since right now there are no issues going on with it. Doesn't make sense.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #1394
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well, I panicked some last night. I came home from work and saw my clam gaping. I prepared water for a quick water change. I then noticed my powerheads were blowing in the wrong direction. A brownout put the water into the clam and was blowing it like that. I simply picked him up and put him in the opposite direction and so far today he is happy as a clam... Still going to do a double water change this week I think.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #1395
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

And the clams. Forgive the small "fog" currently doing the water change and haven't scrubbed off all the glass yet.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #1396
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hank,... Reef keeping just has a way of keeping one on the edge of their seats huh? ,. Sounds like you got everything back under control
Old 11-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1397
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'm hoping it is Dary. After working 65 hours last week I don't even know what I did with the tank until today... Things have always "been under control"...I just can't stand the algae growth I have going on in my display. From bubble algae clinging to the base of my powerheads to...well my usual constant rambling about the growth. Come to the conclusion that I will be unable to get it under control as long as I'm using distilled rather than ro/di. Aka no ro/di until new house with a better water source.

I took the brain corals out of the tank. Still some tissue left on them, but they are just adding more garbage into the water that I'm struggling to manage. With them removed, the rest is doing ok I believe. Still great reaction time out of the coco worm and the clams. Hard to believe that the coco worm is supposed to be hard to care for...makes me come to the conclusion that in the ULNS setups we strive for makes it so hard, where mine has all kinds of crap floating around in it makes it simple. Maybe if I keep it alive for a year I'll ask for an electric flame scallop for my birthday to see if I can keep it alive.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #1398
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
I'm hoping it is Dary. After working 65 hours last week I don't even know what I did with the tank until today... Things have always "been under control"...I just can't stand the algae growth I have going on in my display. From bubble algae clinging to the base of my powerheads to...well my usual constant rambling about the growth. Come to the conclusion that I will be unable to get it under control as long as I'm using distilled rather than ro/di. Aka no ro/di until new house with a better water source.

I took the brain corals out of the tank. Still some tissue left on them, but they are just adding more garbage into the water that I'm struggling to manage. With them removed, the rest is doing ok I believe. Still great reaction time out of the coco worm and the clams. Hard to believe that the coco worm is supposed to be hard to care for...makes me come to the conclusion that in the ULNS setups we strive for makes it so hard, where mine has all kinds of crap floating around in it makes it simple. Maybe if I keep it alive for a year I'll ask for an electric flame scallop for my birthday to see if I can keep it alive.
Hank,..check out my tread ,..I just posted something you might be interested in trying ?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #1399
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Just started reading it.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #1400
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It is an interesting read. Never heard of it. It might be of help if I can find it around here. Having it shipped in might make it not so worth while. Idk. I'll think about it.

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com