Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #1781
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoreefz View Post
Tank looks amazing hank!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Thanks. Glad you can't see the cotton candy algae in the picture.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #1782
Aquarium Advice Activist

Looks great!

Jameson

Old 09-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #1783
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking good hankster !

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #1784
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Thanks. Glad you can't see the cotton candy algae in the picture.
That doesn't matter. We see plenty of algae here and there in the ocean, so why not in your tank too? The important thing is that it looks good. A piece of the reef in your home has been accomplished
Old 09-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #1785
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
That doesn't matter. We see plenty of algae here and there in the ocean, so why not in your tank too? The important thing is that it looks good. A piece of the reef in your home has been accomplished
Well this is true. It is why I'm not too too worried about it most of the time. I just wish that I had more time for it as things stand.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #1786
Aquarium Advice Addict

one of my favorite tanks personally
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #1787
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Every time I'm in Erie, I always do a loop of as many sw stores I can. As it was Sunday, pretty limited. But I did make an unusual decision. As I stated into a tank of heavily bleached carpet anemone, I look into the tank beside and see a brown long tentacle, happily playing host to two maroon clowns. Well, after some discussion about its week since arrival and seeing even star polyps starving for light in the coral tank that he came home with me. I looked at my wife and said 'he'll really like the radions'. She agreed. Currently in drip acclimation after being diverted to work to help manage an issue, so was in the bag longer than I wanted...but I already have an idea where he'd like to plant himself. We'll see if we both agree as the night rolls on. And here is to him hopefully picking not to be brown as well...I'm wanting him to be brown from the poor lighting and that I scooped a gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #1788
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Every time I'm in Erie, I always do a loop of as many sw stores I can. As it was Sunday, pretty limited. But I did make an unusual decision. As I stated into a tank of heavily bleached carpet anemone, I look into the tank beside and see a brown long tentacle, happily playing host to two maroon clowns. Well, after some discussion about its week since arrival and seeing even star polyps starving for light in the coral tank that he came home with me. I looked at my wife and said 'he'll really like the radions'. She agreed. Currently in drip acclimation after being diverted to work to help manage an issue, so was in the bag longer than I wanted...but I already have an idea where he'd like to plant himself. We'll see if we both agree as the night rolls on. And here is to him hopefully picking not to be brown as well...I'm wanting him to be brown from the poor lighting and that I scooped a gem.

I'm currently 'saving' a big lobo coral that had absolutely no color hoping that it will color up as well. It is showing improvements. My only LFS does a very poor job caring for anything saltwater. If that nem makes it through the transfer I'm sure you probably saved its life. Can't wait to see it. Keep an eye out though cause when them things die they can really mess with a tank so get it out quick. Had it happen to me on a bta. It got ugly. Goodluck!

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #1789
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good for you man, save one life at a time. Let's see a pic? Soon it will colour up. I'm sure!

Old 09-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #1790
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
I'm currently 'saving' a big lobo coral that had absolutely no color hoping that it will color up as well. It is showing improvements. My only LFS does a very poor job caring for anything saltwater. If that nem makes it through the transfer I'm sure you probably saved its life. Can't wait to see it. Keep an eye out though cause when them things die they can really mess with a tank so get it out quick. Had it happen to me on a bta. It got ugly. Goodluck!
Well I'm not concerned about it nuking the tank and dying. The other anemone in the tank are solid. I put this guy in the tank, basically where I wanted him. He is really sticky, which is a great sign. Took forever to get him to let go of my hand.

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com