Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #1801
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,515
I finally got around to doing it...ordered a new overflow. New 800gph overflow. With headloss a great fit to the return pump already running. Added into my order two holders for the aqua lifters I have on my tank that I've wanted for awhile and new sponges for in the overflow. That'll give me some room to clean them better. Didn't want to drop the cash, but it's done.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #1802
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
I finally got around to doing it...ordered a new overflow. New 800gph overflow. With headloss a great fit to the return pump already running. Added into my order two holders for the aqua lifters I have on my tank that I've wanted for awhile and new sponges for in the overflow. That'll give me some room to clean them better. Didn't want to drop the cash, but it's done.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Re. Dropping the cash ....Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to keep things happy


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Dary421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #1803
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,515
Yeah, I'm hoping the increased flow through the sump will help with filtration as well.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #1804
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,515
The stuff from BRS arrived today. The new overflow is a monster. Hopefully I'll have time on my days off to tackle this task...along with being able to use the flextube that is already there. We'll see as that battle comes around.
It also came with two aqualifter holders and 6 new sponges for in the overflow. After a couple of years, the one and only sponge I've had is looking really, really beat.
In other news, I felt like searching eBay yesterday for coral. Just because work has been beating me down and I wanted to bring myself up. So, I set a couple of coral to watch. I always try to make sure they are from the same seller, in case I actually decide to bid and win more than 1 thing I can save on shipping. One of the auctions ended at 9. Billy clubs they are called. And they will be all mine.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #1805
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
looks awesome. Forsure jealous!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
60G Freshwater || 10G Reef
Instagram: MATTYFELTS
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #1806
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
paul87's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
The stuff from BRS arrived today. The new overflow is a monster. Hopefully I'll have time on my days off to tackle this task...along with being able to use the flextube that is already there. We'll see as that battle comes around.
It also came with two aqualifter holders and 6 new sponges for in the overflow. After a couple of years, the one and only sponge I've had is looking really, really beat.
In other news, I felt like searching eBay yesterday for coral. Just because work has been beating me down and I wanted to bring myself up. So, I set a couple of coral to watch. I always try to make sure they are from the same seller, in case I actually decide to bid and win more than 1 thing I can save on shipping. One of the auctions ended at 9. Billy clubs they are called. And they will be all mine.
Those are some nice looking zoo's. Nothing like a good ol' pick me up!
__________________

paul87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #1807
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,515
Zoas will arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow I also have to get some PVC to plumb the new overflow since it is larger than the old and needs 1' pvc. Be a lot of stuff to get accomplished as I probably won't get home from work until 5...
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #1808
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,515
Well, time with the new overflow and plumbed it up really nicely. Didn't want to put a 90 on there, but just couldn't do it any other way. Turned out pretty nice I think.



And then there are my new zoas. The billy clubs are pretty nice, but one of the 7 heads that showed up is either a morph or a different zoa. Haven't inspected too closely.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #1809
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TheTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 3,110
Very nice. From SoCalAquaFarms? I've got quite a few from them.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #1810
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
BigRedsReefs10's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Well, time with the new overflow and plumbed it up really nicely. Didn't want to put a 90 on there, but just couldn't do it any other way. Turned out pretty nice I think.







And then there are my new zoas. The billy clubs are pretty nice, but one of the 7 heads that showed up is either a morph or a different zoa. Haven't inspected too closely.


Wow, those are nice, awesome pick up
__________________

__________________
BigRedsReefs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.