Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it has always looked like that. I moved the one into a shaded area and the other is under a powerhead. I just have never had the polyps extend.

Ill get a fts tomorrow. Im officially at work.

Flreefer said:
Beautiful Birdsnest Hank!! Nice size too!!
I think the hermit was probably just a molt that may have gotten blown onto the Acan. Don't think they could grab a live one.

The lordhowsein (sp?) are vicious acans. Lol.

Sniperhank said:
I don't think it was alive either...either molt or I lost one. Think I should remove it or any clues as per the meteor showers?

Try a lower light higher flow area

Well, they couldn't be in higher flow as they were on a similar flow path as my sps. I just lowered both the lighting and the flow. The more I keep thinking about it the more I think I need to make my 36 my LPS tank. Get it back in check for corals, get a sump setup on it, and maybe a taotronics led unit instead of the coralife 4 bulb t5ho. I love those acans though. The one that had the hermit casing/corpse was the one that came in pretty beat up and is just now playing catchup to the other 2. But since it has begun to flourish a really cool purple ring has shown up on it. I just love those acan lords.

I do have a sump on the 55. It is a 20 long with a huge reef octopus on it, rated at 150 gallons :D. I would have to rearrange the living room to do so...since my floor was damaged by wood boring beetles I don't want too much weight in one area...it would be doable though...or I could just restart the old aqueon sump that I had on the system originally with the crap seaclone skimmer on it. Even though it is a crappy skimmer, for an LPS system it would do the job.

I would keep the coralife. The Taotronics would be a little too powerful for a Lps system on a 35g. I have been having trouble with too much light for my Lps and I'm at 25% with my light.

Maybe I'll clean up the 36 and see how things go by switching over the flowerpot..that'd give me more room to work with in the 55 since it's getting pretty crowded in there.

Oh, so in today's before work note...the gbta has retreated under his overhang. Hard to see him, but I'm not concerned. When I got him I thought he looked...odd. I think he is splitting. Not sure, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Him having a crease in him is just not normal and his tentacles look unnatural...i want to say non symmetrical, but that isn't the right word for it. I'll keep posting.

Splitting could mean a few things. It was so stressed in the shipping, it decided it needed to split to increase chances of survival... Or, its just ready to split. As long as its healthy in your tank, it's a good thing. Sell the other for some moola ;)

So, I'm thinking that I should sell/trade some of the stuff in my tank since it is getting crowded. That and to save the 2 meteor showers. For whatever reason they just won't extend and the one is bleaching a tad at the top. IDK, still thinking it over since it would be 300 bucks worth of coral.

Sheesh, how much are you selling? I don't think you would need to sell too much, do you not like the corals you have or something?

Just the meteor showers are roughly 75 a piece when I got them. Then all the frags I have and the sponge which I have started to hate. And if I end up with a second GBTA.

Why are you selling all the frags though? That's a lot to get rid of. The rest sounds great, extra cash is always useful! I don't think you'll get 75$ for the meteor shower here unless somebody really wants one on craigslist. Stores always mark up their prices on that stuff.

Thats why its value :p, not what i'd ask. I'd prob try to trade anyway. And I'm not planning on getting rid of my whole tank, just the stuff I fragged. Guess I wasn't specific on that part. The 2 frags I made of my new birds nest would be a great pickup. So would the orange plating monti. But, not there yet, I'd like to see them encrust some first.

Oh gotcha, thought you were selling the frags you bought. Trading is definitely the way to go, and there's a guy I know if your interested in some really nice corals. I don't think he buys much coral though. All the frags I got from him are doing great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom