Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #221
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

So I decided to make a future additions list today.
-Acan Lord
- Brain Coral - prob favite
- Acro - Purple Na Na and Blue Voodoo
- Birds Nest
- German Blue Polyp
- Pink Stylophora
- Marshall Island Lantana
- Bottlebrush

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those would be nice, I love birds nest as you may know..

I wouldn't limit yourself yet, there's always that impulse coral buy lol. Luckily, if your keeping those corals, you'll be able to handle almost any impulse coral buy.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #223
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

For corals yes. My inpulse invert buys still end up dead. Rip purple lobster. **** thing ate last night too. Was fine in his cave before i left for work. Inverts are impossible for me to keep i swear.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #224
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've had problems with my fire shrimp also. He had a bad molt a little while back, nothing i did wrong or could have done to fix it supposedly, wish it wasn't like that though.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #225
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Its ok, my disgruntled self just utilized reefs2go's 25% off coral sale...and with the almost 50 bucks they owed me from the last order I ordered an orange/blue acan lord, purple/green acan lord, red acan lord, pink bird's nest, and a green pocilliora. This should solve me being disgruntled over the lobster AND solve me not being able to find acro lords anywhere...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #226
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol I'm having the same problem, luckily, the lfs around us are great about importing stuff in if you ask. I'm getting an african peocock Midas Blenny in soon.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #227
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well i cant wait to see the new fish in your thread. Though po'd about the loss of the lobster, the acans have me excited. They are one of my favorite corals. Being able to get 3 different acans at such a low price was great. I had been watching liveaquaria for different colors to come in, but they were so pricey. Im sure its because theyll be more than 1 head like what im getting, but ive been having decent growth on some of my corals so i have faith in their growth as well. Just looks like im going to need to get my flowerpot out of the sandbed for their arrival. Stupid thing keeps ending up down there. It even crushed my plate coral. And the flowerpot just keeps doing great. The fact that it budded me a new flowerpot was so exciting. Ill have to trade it for something once it becomes more established. Just no room for 2 flowerpots and so many aggressive corals in a 55!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #228
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm excited to get it too, I just hope one of the lfs actually gets it for me by saturday..

I'd give you a chunk of my acan, it's lost it's red and white color and now is a greenish blue, I'm not sure if I like it yet, it would probably color up better with radions. It's grown like crazy, used to be 2 heads and now has about 15. Just don't know how to frag it.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #229
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

That is actually a good question...I'd assume you'd take a razorblade along the seperation between the different heads. But I've never fragged a thing. Only fresh corals I have budded themselves, them being the flowerpot and my orange ric from the 55. My orange ric that died when I switched tanks over had split a couple times too. It will be interesting how I end up positioning the 3 acan heads in the sandbed since they aren't high light corals and don't like a ton of flow. I'll probably keep them in the sandbed as I have most of my flow pointed towards the top of the tank in "prep" for SPS and increased air exchange.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear about the lobster, Sniper.
On a brighter note... I love Acans too. The big colonies are WAY expensive. I got a nice little 6 header last time I traded in some frags, for $25, but he cut me a deal cause I brought him in quite a bit of Red Monti. He also gave me a nice 3" by 4" piece of Meteor shower ( Cephastrea) for free. That stuff looks soo cool.
Good luck with your new acquisitions!

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com