Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, him. I got a lot of my favorite corals from him. He has some bonsai, purple plasma, tons of chalice. He even had some sunset monti but he said it was going quick, great prices though.

Hm, well it would be interesting to know what is stocking is if he'd be interested in trading... I need to check up on the thread about trading in our area that started up this week too.

Sniperhank said:
Hm, well it would be interesting to know what is stocking is if he'd be interested in trading... I need to check up on the thread about trading in our area that started up this week too.

New thread? Where? I dont see it in the classifieds. I would think he'd be okay with trading, he has enough room to fit almost anything lol. He said he was more into Lps and softies, but he has a lot of sps.

So, I took pictures of what needs to be out of my tank and will be posting them for trade and I'm considering the flowerpot as well. It'll make some nice room in my tank for future sps or to bring some of the corals I have stuck in the sandbed out to make room for real sandbed coral...like maybe more acan lords...>.>. But man, the flowerpot is cool but has way to big of a reach/aggression. His spot would be perfect for my bird's nest...

Oh, forgot to add I changed the filters/resin in my RO/DI today. Good bye .02 reading! Though I did a quick test on my water before putting it back together and my water gave a reading of 5. This is with it going through the filter I normally have down in the basement...which I changed last week. Go spring water!

Sadly the question is is for how long it'll be clean. After replacing the resin and filters on Monday I have made about 20 gallons of water. My resin is already starting to turn brown at the top and I'm getting random readings on the TDS meter. I really hate my water. I mean, I don't even drink the stuff. If it keeps going like this and I can only make a months worth of water on changing out my filters, I'll just buy masses of distilled from the grocery store. Frustrating.

My reef octopus isn't working right either IMO. I can't get the water to reach the minimum water line. I've had it fully open to adjust and it just doesn't toss out water like others I've seen. I emailed them and they said to lessen the flow through and that the grinding noise it makes is probably that the pump needs taken apart and cleaned. Awesome! I love giving people hundreds of dollars and then having to reassemble their stuff.

That stinks man.. Maybe try running it through a carbon filter first? I'd make a new thread about the reef octopus, plenty of people have them so theres definitely someone who can explain it better.

Well, was going to look into it when i got home yesterday, but that nice tornado decided to hit cooks forest. So, that being 30 miles from my house and 15 from where i work i didnt have the chance or electricity. I just got power back at 6 am. Sadly, one of my acros didnt make it and totally bleached out. Surprisingly only 1 of my koralias was running in reverse this time.

That's my worst nightmare. That stinks man, are you sure it's completely bleached? I've never heard of it happening that fast, even if it was rtn.

Sadly it looks that way. White but black where the polyps were. Though there are some that are still green. Im keeping him in there just incase. It was ugly when i got home. All that brown snot algae i deal with daily was filming on the top and sending shooters down into the water.

Sniperhank said:
Sadly it looks that way. White but black where the polyps were. Though there are some that are still green. Im keeping him in there just incase. It was ugly when i got home. All that brown snot algae i deal with daily was filming on the top and sending shooters down into the water.

Definitely keep it in there. I bought a rock that had a big patch of monti digi covering it that was bleached and looked gone. But I liked the rock. Now I have a huge monti digi in my tank.

I'm starting to wonder if it's all of pennsylvania with water issues. I get a ton of the brown filming algae too.

Well keep in mind that there is alot of weird water in pa from all of the coal mining. Most of this is stripped out by water treatment. Brookville had some of the best water in the state before the flood of 96. It just hasnt beed the same since, something leeching in somewhere. But i have issues from stuff leeching into my well as there is a corn field right above it. And the manure is the least of my worries.

Definitely keep it in there. I bought a rock that had a big patch of monti digi covering it that was bleached and looked gone. But I liked the rock. Now I have a huge monti digi in my tank.

Im def planning on it. I still have a plate coral skeleton in there from months ago in some odd hope. I dont have very high hopes for the acro though. Only one green polyp, rest black and bleached.

Oh, small update on my 36. It is still running as a FOWLR system, just has enough of those scorpid worms, I think that is their name, that you'd think you were looking at a weird white field of grass in places. It actually breaks off and floats around the tank and gets stuck in the powerhead pretty often. It is currently housing my royal gramma, a clown, and a yellow watchman goby. I've been doing water changes bi-weekly on the system since I'm not overly worried about high nitrates. It only has small algae growth on it, not as much as the 55 since it doesn't recieve any light from windows.

Now on to the real update, my local SW pal has continued to struggle to keep her lawnmower blenny fat. She's dropping it off on Sunday. It'll be going into the 36 as the 55 already has a lawnmower that is pretty aggressive. With the amount of LR in the 36, I don't see any issues between the blenny and goby. They live in different levels of the aquarium and with the algae that grows on the back of the tank, that'll be where the blenny will be, not near the goby's cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom