Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask and ye shall receive.
Aussie Num Num
img_2053401_0_e5afef5ec74852df161b9376f385f3de.jpg

Aussie Red Eye
img_2053401_1_2fac7cbce1c5236828a192bcd4f87763.jpg

Syrah Aussie
img_2053401_2_b1eb06977019f2988df0d9e235ccb42a.jpg

Yep. They are already in there beside the other 3. I wish they looked like the new arrivals! My favorites were pretty quickly replaced by these guys. Just incredible.

All the while i watch the gbta. I have no clue what its doing. Time will tell i guess. Tomorrow after work im going to buy a bulk of di water from giant eagle. See if i can work on this algae issue some more and scratch my head at the ro/di unit. Im late on my pwc due to not wanting to use my water cuz of the spike through the filters. This snot algae just sticks on everything. Even on my snails, one has a 2 inch tail of the stuff on it. Not good for my sps at all...or anything for that matter.

Well acans are known for drastically changing in different conditions, so I'd be weary of that. I'm probably going to do the same as you until I can buy my replacement kit, should only need about 2 weeks worth.

I get 10 gals of RODI from the store every week for $3.90 to do my pwc's on my 55 gal freshwater tank. So at least it isn't expensive while you try to get your RODI unit running better.

Those new corals look really pretty. Congrats on getting them!

Well, some of the corals on cherrycorals are expensive. I didn't spend more than 50 on any piece. These are better prices than you usually find on other sites, as long as you put into consideration the size of the piece you are recieving. They swell much more than my other acan lords as well. It is pretty incredible. I almost wish I had ordered their green latern acan and put it side by side with the one I already had to compare.

Shipping was 45 bucks I think. TBH pretty standard for overnight shipping to western pa. Everything was packaged wonderfully, better than I've received any corals. They usually come in a bag with water and a piece of plastic that I'm assuming you are supposed to use to get them out of the bag...but they are never still on it and it is usually crumpled up under the coral itself. This guy's use of the plastic cups was a great idea. I'm even keeping the cups in my DT for awhile to keep any random sand from blowing onto them.

And to tag along on the earlier comment, if you think some of these pieces are expensive look at sexycorals...they are down right outrageous. For those prices the guy better overnight himself and sleep on my couch for a week to make sure they are doing well in my tank.

Just a thought...thoughts on using a product like Purigen in my tank to help battle whatever is feeding the algae in my tank. It could replace the active carbon as purigen scrubs water as well.

Side note...can you really recharge purigen with bleach??? If this was the case why would you need to buy more than one dose of the stuff and just keep recharging it? Doesn't make sense to me as being possible.

To the purigen: do it, I love mine. Yes, you can recharge it by bleaching it.. But for like 15$ that lasts half a year, why not just buy another lol?

Ok, I ordered some Purigen. Because I spend too much money on this tank, I ordered some moonlighting as well. Hamilton LED strip in blue. Pricey...but after getting junk off of my ebay'd moonlighting I just want it over and done with.

I need to chime in I have question about purigen. I got a bunch of stuff from a friend and at the bottom of the box I found this. How do I use it

Attachments

• image-3843480891.jpg
    image-3843480891.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 100
Sniperhank said:
But Purigen and GFO? That is kinda my concern. What do you run along side purigen? It is kinda a do-all it seems...

Purigen is really just really fancy carbon. I wouldn't worry about them together, plenty of people use chemiclean plus and purigen together and chemiclean contains gfo.

When you open it, is it in a bag or loose? If its already in a tightly woven bag, just toss it in a filter you have where water moves a lot.

Besides my sump I'm also running aqua clear 110 converted over to a refugium that has constant flow is that a good spot. Is that pouch to much for my 55g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom