Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed moonlighting. Radions have issues with running at very low power and even the fix for it wasnt enough in some cases. So rather than getting pissed off i bought good ones. Ill have a fts w/ them on at lights out.

Sniperhank said:
Indeed moonlighting. Radions have issues with running at very low power and even the fix for it wasnt enough in some cases. So rather than getting pissed off i bought good ones. Ill have a fts w/ them on at lights out.

Expensive alternative ....

Sniperhank said:
Naw, the hamiltons were only 50 bucks. No biggie.

Funny i will loose a 50 dollar fish or in my last case a nem but i wouldnt spend it on moonlights lol

Steve silbernagel said:
Sorry to put reefs2go out there like that I haven't ordered myself I've just read a lot more crappy reviews than good reviews.

A lot of times that's the case cause most happy customers just go on about there business and the unhappy come back to say something lol

These are moonlights. Awesome.
img_2065722_0_5e5aef2f3b888e9d2cb648ab0f10eb28.jpg

Back to business. My SUPER AWESOME reef octopus has been in for over a month and skimmed NOTHING. I love it. Email after email after email with these guys and they can't help me. Nothing is wrong with the pump, from what I can see. I mean, I am an expert right? If the director for Coralvue tells me to take it apart again, it is going to be with a hammer so he can see everything. That pump barely comes apart, I couldn't even get to the impeller. Maybe sending instructions with your equipment would help. Until this issue is addressed, algae runs rampant over my SPS. THANKS CORALVUE.

Sniperhank said:
A quick one is uploading.

Ok. I have the reef octopus as well. Instructions said it was 6-8 weeks to break in. I had mine running in a tub of water and vinegar for 6 weeks before I put it in my tank. A lot of it was water levels and how I put the outflow pipe to get it just right. Now it skims like a champ.

It all shouldn't matter. According to CoralVue, my system is too small for the skimmer and will never be able to pull enough waste from the system...I totally call BS. I buy a bigger skimmer for a future upgrade and the excuse for it not reaching the minimum waterline is that it is too big for my system? Really?

So...besides my frustrations...where is my tank. Things look good. I did research last night about SPS growth. I learned that me being scared about what looked like bleaching at the tips is just new growth. That's cool. My local pal's yellow watchman died on her. I'm going to trade her mine for a pj cardinal. Odd trade, right? Wrong! I am working on moving my 36 into the 55. That will put my 55 at a coral beauty, b+w clown, indigo dottyback, lawnmower blenny, green mandarin...with a royal gramma, occy clown, and pj cardinal added. Too much you think? I'd really like to turn the 36 into a frag tank.

Sniperhank said:
It all shouldn't matter. According to CoralVue, my system is too small for the skimmer and will never be able to pull enough waste from the system...I totally call BS. I buy a bigger skimmer for a future upgrade and the excuse for it not reaching the minimum waterline is that it is too big for my system? Really?

B.S .. i have Hob octopus took 4 weeks to begin good skimming.. is ur in sump or hob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom