Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #461
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Oh, that guy in kittaning?

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #462
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, him. I got a lot of my favorite corals from him. He has some bonsai, purple plasma, tons of chalice. He even had some sunset monti but he said it was going quick, great prices though.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #463
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Hm, well it would be interesting to know what is stocking is if he'd be interested in trading... I need to check up on the thread about trading in our area that started up this week too.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #464
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Hm, well it would be interesting to know what is stocking is if he'd be interested in trading... I need to check up on the thread about trading in our area that started up this week too.
New thread? Where? I dont see it in the classifieds. I would think he'd be okay with trading, he has enough room to fit almost anything lol. He said he was more into Lps and softies, but he has a lot of sps.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #465
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

WV/OH/PA reefers

They are in the regional forums.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #466
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I'll be posting!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #467
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

So, I took pictures of what needs to be out of my tank and will be posting them for trade and I'm considering the flowerpot as well. It'll make some nice room in my tank for future sps or to bring some of the corals I have stuck in the sandbed out to make room for real sandbed coral...like maybe more acan lords...>.>. But man, the flowerpot is cool but has way to big of a reach/aggression. His spot would be perfect for my bird's nest...

Oh, forgot to add I changed the filters/resin in my RO/DI today. Good bye .02 reading! Though I did a quick test on my water before putting it back together and my water gave a reading of 5. This is with it going through the filter I normally have down in the basement...which I changed last week. Go spring water!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #468
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, that'd be cool, more sps is always great!

That's great! Cleaner water= happier tank
Old 07-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #469
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Sadly the question is is for how long it'll be clean. After replacing the resin and filters on Monday I have made about 20 gallons of water. My resin is already starting to turn brown at the top and I'm getting random readings on the TDS meter. I really hate my water. I mean, I don't even drink the stuff. If it keeps going like this and I can only make a months worth of water on changing out my filters, I'll just buy masses of distilled from the grocery store. Frustrating.

My reef octopus isn't working right either IMO. I can't get the water to reach the minimum water line. I've had it fully open to adjust and it just doesn't toss out water like others I've seen. I emailed them and they said to lessen the flow through and that the grinding noise it makes is probably that the pump needs taken apart and cleaned. Awesome! I love giving people hundreds of dollars and then having to reassemble their stuff.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #470
Aquarium Advice Addict

That stinks man.. Maybe try running it through a carbon filter first? I'd make a new thread about the reef octopus, plenty of people have them so theres definitely someone who can explain it better.

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com